Saturday 18 May 2019

Fashion Show: Spring 2019 (and 2018) Collection


You'll forgive me for feeling like Cinderella these days.  There's something magical about taking a photograph of beautiful flowers, using the image in designing clothing, and seeing it come to life as an actual garment. 


One sunny day last week, the birds, bees, butterflies, and squirrels were excitedly gathered, while I was hanging the dresses and draped kimono for a tiny fashion shoot, under some of the very cherry boughs I photographed last year.



After photographing the clothing, I continued taking pictures of the amazing cherry blossoms.  Lost in the blissfulness of flowers and creativity, time just floated like a butterfly! 


The photographs are now the floral fabric prints for bodycon dresses, flare dresses, draped kimonos and peignoirs, available in my Art of Where shop on-line.  In the days to come, I will be adding more clothing.  For now, here are the links to the newest additions in my shop:


I love this image of blossom covered branches reaching into the blue sky.  I've called this design - wait for it - Cherry Blossom Branches!  Laugh if you must, it sings of Spring!  I have introduced this design as a flare dress.  Other clothing designs will follow. 



These Japanese cherry blossoms look so much like an impressionist watercolour painting, yet, they were taken with my camera.  This series is called Cherry Blossom Impressions.  It is available in bodycon and flare dress styles, as well as a peignoir.  Peignoirs are very versatile, in that they can be worn in the bedroom, at the beach, over a pair of jeans, or over a cocktail dress such as the bodycon dress. 


This image is a new favourite!  It's called, Japanese Cherry Blossoms Blue Sky!  The photograph already looks like Japanese floral fabric.  I love the vibrant blue of the cloudless sky, and the abundance of pink blossoms!  So far, I have only designed bodycon and flare dresses using this image.  More will be coming!


This image, was taken last year, and is only now being used in clothing designs.  The series is called Wedding White Cherry Blossoms, and is available only in bodycon dress, draped kimono and peignoir designs.  Both the kimono and peignoir may be worn as light jackets over the sleeveless dress.  The peignoir belt and trim are shown in black, however, they are available in cream.


Photographs and Designs Copyright of:  Ruth Adams, Widow's Endorphins Photographic Images Inc.










1 comment:

  1. You nailed it girl! Beautiful fashion show . Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete