Saturday 11 May 2019

40-Thousand Views!


My heartfelt gratitude to readers around the world, who have now viewed the pages of this little blog 40-thousand times!  Your support and encouragement have meant the world to me...and opened up a whole new world!

Thank you to each one of you, from the first person who read my work and liked the pretty pictures, to those of you reading right now!  I started Widow's Endorphins as a way of using creativity to help me through grief, after the death of my husband.  Through writing and photography, I found me again.  The me of years gone by, when I was a laughing schoolgirl.  The romantic and sexy me.  The powerful me.  The stoic me.  The strong me.  All of me.


Love, humour, sadness, compassion, curiosity, wonderment...we all share these.  I think it's why the blog is read around the world, by both men and women, gay, straight, widowed, married, divorced, or single.

Flowers are rejuvenating and restorative...they both calm and energize us.  Endorphins are natural pain and stress relievers, and that's what flowers and floral photography do for me.  I know from your comments, that the flowers put a smile on your faces too.


In the dead of Winter, when everything is grey, a bright bouquet of parrot tulips, and a quirky story lifts the spirit.  When the stress of life exhausts you, meditative colours and words of inspiration and courage are there in the blog.  Flowers have their own personalities, and evoke emotion.  They're romantic, sensuous, dramatic, playful, demure, sweet, or ethereal. 


The blog has given me space to be creative.  I think of a concept, bring all the elements together, photograph them, and write something about the images.  I'm never bored, taking photographs, writing the blog, making greeting cards, designing clothing. 

This past year, a collaboration with Vancouver based, Stolbie Brand, led to marijuana leaf inspired clothing designs, as I turned my camera lens to the beautiful graphic lines of the Canna leaf. The peignoirs and kimonos have been really popular.  Last week, the leaf appeared on mens' t-shirts for the first time.  I've never stopped creating floral dresses and peignoirs.   

 

The abbreviation for Widow's Endorphins is WE.  We did it!  We did this together!  Thank you for reading, and thank you for sharing!


Photographs Copyright of:  Ruth Adams, Widow's Endorphins Photographic Images Incorporated.

No comments:

Post a Comment