Friday 11 October 2019

Giving Thanks for Friends and Family


I can still see the sunlight pouring into the large hospice room at Toronto's Princess Margaret Hospital, and hear the music of Quebec icon Felix Leclerc playing softly.  Five years ago today, I was alone in that room, as my husband quietly drew his last breath.  


In the days, weeks, months and years which have followed, I have never been alone.  I have been blessed with loving, kind and thoughtful friends and family members - old and new - who, no matter where in the world they live, are there for me, offering their guidance, encouragement, support, hugs and humour!   

It is the beginning of Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, and I am deeply grateful for the people in my life.  Each of you, in your own special way, makes a difference in my life.  I love you all. 




Photographs Copyright of:  Ruth Adams, Widow's Endorphins Photographic Images Incorporated. 



No comments:

Post a Comment