Thursday 12 January 2017

Anniversary


It's the day before the big day.  Widow's Endorphins, the blog which you are now reading, turns two tomorrow!  Since tomorrow is Friday the 13th, I am taking no chances with this post.  Today, we celebrate WE, because who knows about tomorrow!    


When I was a teenager, walking along Vancouver's Robson Strasse (as it was called back then), taking photographs for my Saturday morning art classes, I would stop and peer through the window of a shop, with glass shelves displaying rows of golden tea sets.  Golden.
 

Years ago, my late husband came home from one of his Sunday adventures through Toronto's St. Lawrence Flea Market, with a big cardboard box.  Tucked between sheets of tissue and newspaper, I discovered two golden tea sets!  The same ones that I had seen back in Vancouver!  The teapot, and the slightly taller coffee pot, each had their own cream pitcher and sugar bowl, as well as cups and saucers.  Far from ostentatious, they are simple and charming.  I still feel like Cinderella when I look at them, and remember the man who always treated me like a princess.      

People who know me, are always amused that someone who drinks coffee day and night, is enthralled with teapots and teacups.  They are works of art.  Each design is unique, and is known by it's own name.  Like flowers, teapots and teacups have their own personalities.  They may be regal, or demure, playful, bohemian, or elegant and sophisticated.  

       
Looking at these photographs, it is hard to imagine that we were in the midst of construction yesterday, with no hot or cold water, and no heat all day.  Photography, especially floral photography, allows me to create lovely, quiet spaces, far removed from the day to day stresses of life.  These floral vignettes are shared with you.  

Nearly 14-thousand of you!  The blog has viewers peering in my computer window, from Brazil, Australia, Switzerland, Denmark, Portugal, China, Russia, India, the UK, the Ukraine, the US, Canada and many, many more countries. Thank you for your kind comments, and support of all my Widow's Endorphins projects, from greeting cards now sold in Toronto stores, to the draped kimonos and coffee mugs in my on-line shops.   

As little Teddy says of my toddler of a blog,  "Whee!  Weeze two!"


Photographs Copyright of:  Ruth Adams, Widow's Endorphins Photographic Images Incorporated.

The cream coloured roses, the blush white ranunculus with their green centres, the snow white freesias with their soft yellow centres, and the blush pink tulips are from Toronto's Florigens Design.
Little Teddy is from the Gund family of bears.  The golden teapot is Bavarian.

1 comment:

  1. Happy WE birthday, Ruth. Thanks for the gorgeous pictures and the evocative prose. Félicitations!

    ReplyDelete